Sierra Copper Sink Care
ANTIQUE, BURNISHED, RUSTIC, & TEMPERED Copper Care Instructions All of the finishes are included. To protect the finish of your Sierra Copper product, avoid using abrasive cleaners, coarse, acidic or alcohol based cleaners, steel wool, Brillo pads or wire brushes.
Clean with soapy water and scrub with a soft nylon brush or soft cloth.
You can greatly reduce this change with the use of Copper Sink Wax. Oil may also be used as a sealant and will darken and enrich the color of the copper. Avoid prolonged exposure to acidic foods, such as tomato sauce and citrus as they can cause copper to lighten. Oxidation of air and water will cause the lighter copper to darken. The more it is used, the faster the process. Allow water to air dry on sink for oxidation to occur. Changes in a kitchen sink can be expected with use, we call it the charm and uniqueness. Avoid the urge to use a chemical darkener unless the area that has lightened will not be exposed to water.
Antique, Rustic & Tempered patinas may lighten, especially in a kitchen sink. Should your sink lighten in areas, not to worry, it will darken back down naturally. The combination of air and water will oxidize the copper and it will begin to darken back. Do not towel dry your sink after use. Allow it to air dry to accelerate the oxidation process.
Burnished patina is a duo-toned effect where the higher area of the hammer mark has been burnished to show the raw shiny copper color, while the dimples of the hammer marks are the dark antique color. Since copper naturally darkens with age you may want to brighten areas back to their lighter polished look. Use a wet Brillo pad on a wet sink and lightly buff the area that you wish to lighten. This is the only time this type of product should be used in the sink and should only be used if you are looking for a burnished look.
Shiny copper is polished to a high shine. Shiny copper will tarnish and will require some maintenance and many home remedies that require items that can be found in most pantries.
Satin Nickel finishes can and will begin to tarnish like silver does when introduced to air and the oils on our hands. Regular cleaning is important to maintain the appearance of your Satin Nickel finished product. Use simple dish soap and a clean towel to clean a satin nickel sink. A 50/50 water and white vinegar solution can also be used to remove grime and oils from the surface of the sink.
Avoid prolonged exposure to acidic foods, such as tomato sauce and citrus as they can cause satin nickel to discolor. Do not use any type of abrasive cleaners and cleaning tools such as scratch-pad sponges or cleaning agents, as they may tarnish or wear down the finish allowing the copper color to show through. Also avoid direct contact with hot pots, pans, etc.
Avoid bleach based cleaners, ammonia based cleaners and acid. If used, rinse the surface immediately to prevent corrosion. If corrosion occurs and a dark spot forms, try using a No.7 Chrome Polish which can be purchased at any hardware store. Use of a sink wax or oil can help maintain the finish longer between cleanings.
Sierra Copper Sink Installation Instructions
Sierra Copper does not accept responsibility for any of the following:
• Issues that arise from using these installation recommendations
• Failure to observe and conform to all local building and plumbing codes
• Failure to observe Sierra Copper care and warranty information (ex. using plumber’s putty)
General Installation Notes (for ALL install types):
• Use the actual sink for any installation preparations. Our products are hand-crafted and dimensions may vary.
• Depending on the type of countertop, different cutting methods may need to be used and waterproofing may be required if under-mounting.
• Use 100% neutral cure silicone for a watertight seal against copper. Other sealants can void the warranty.
• DO NOT use Plumber’s Putty.
• DO NOT place products directly on floor
. After unpacking, place products on protective material such as foam molds from the packaging. This will keep the sink from scratching and ensure proper drainage.
• After installing sink, install the drain according to the drain’s installation instructions.
• Ensure installation of drain does not pop up the sink basin; this may cause the sink to not drain properly.
• When marking countertop, be sure to allow clearance for faucet and other accessories or fixtures.
Always use non-abrasive, non-acidic cleaners on Sierra Copper products. Review Care and Maintenance Instructions for more information. Care and Installation items may be purchased from your local dealer or www.coppersinkcare.com
For Universal Installation:
1. Place sink upside down on countertop and mark countertop by tracing edge of sink (nonpermanent).
2. Measure inside edge of lip and mark countertop accordingly, inside of the first line.
3. Determine installation type: Under-mount or Drop-In a. Under-mount: I. Cut countertop on inside line. II. Apply adhesive around hole in underside of countertop and position sink. III. Mounting clip fasteners may be purchased to secure sink under countertop. b. Drop-In: I. Cut countertop midway in-between the two lines. II. Temporarily place sink in hole to verify proper fit. III. Apply adhesive around hole in countertop and place sink in hole. IV. Apply 100% neutral cure silicone to seal edge and also to install drain.
4. Use additional silicone, if necessary, to ensure a watertight seal.
5. Use a level to make sure that sink is sitting level in all directions, front to back and side to side; while pressing down to seal.
6. Carefully remove any excess silicone, smooth with wet fingertip.
For Vessel Installation:
1. Cut 1-1/4” hole for drain pipe.
2. Cut 2-1/2” counter-sink hole for drain recessment.
3. Place sink on top of countertop and make sure that the drain opening sits down inside of countertop.
4. The nut of the drain pipe will secure the sink to the countertop. Provided washers may be required.
5. You may use a bead of clear or antique silicone to seal in-between the outside edge of vessel where it is mounted to the countertop.
Sierra Copper Sink Warranty
Finishes and Variances Please be aware that all our copper sinks and tubs have a finish that is by nature uneven and variable in color and pattern. The patinas are created by a firing process that will change over time, developing more interest and variations. A copper finish is a living finish and never really stops changing in color. We offer these sinks and tubs with the view that these variations are part of the authentic character and charm, and do not constitute defects.
Sierra Copper products are hand hammered by the finest Copper Artisans in Mexico. Because each piece is a work of art, depicting the exclusive style and technique of the Artisan, no two finished products will be alike. For this reason, the dimensions and consistency of shape can vary in size up to ½”. Copper is malleable Materials that are malleable can be hammered, stretched or rolled into various shapes with relative ease while still maintaining their strength. Some metals, like copper, are also ductile, which means they are flexible. Should your sink arrive with a bent edge, it can be hammered back into position with little effort. Use a wooden or rubber mallet to straighten any edges that may have been altered in shipping.
Limited Warranty Sierra Copper warrants that our products shall be free from defects in workmanship or materials under normal residential use and care for as long as the original purchaser owns them when purchased through an authorized Sierra Copper dealer. All of our rustic copper products have a finish that is by nature uneven and variable in color and pattern. As each piece is a one-of-a-kind handcrafted work of art, the dimensions and consistency of shape can vary in size. We offer these products with the view that these variations are part of the handcrafted character and charm and do not constitute defects. Satin Nickel plated sinks are also considered a “living finish”. Satin Nickel will tarnish and should be cleaned according to care instructions. Hard abrasive cleaning and harsh chemical can cause Nickel to wear and may allow copper to show through. Our finishes are not warranted for this reason.
Sierra Copper will replace, without charge (excluding labor), any Sierra Copper product that is proven to be defective with an equivalent replacement within the specified appropriate period from date of purchase to the original owner provided it has been used solely in a residential application and installed in accordance with the Sierra Copper installation notes, used and cleaned as recommended and not damaged due to abuse, misuse, or negligence. In the event of a warranty claim, proof of purchase is required.
This warranty will not cover any damages which might be caused by the product (Some states do not allow such limitation, so this reference may not be applicable). Sierra Copper reserves the right to inspect any product reported to be defective prior to replacement of the product. All decisions are final. Replacement cost EXCLUDES transportation and any labor costs for the removal or reinstallation.
Sierra Copper shall not be liable in case of:
Improper installation / modification Damages resulting from abuse, such as heavy impact or dropped objects Improper care or maintenance Improper applications (such as exposure to corrosive chemicals, photographic solutions, etc.) Any modifications made to the product after leaving Sierra Copper premises Commercial application
This warranty supersedes all other warranties, expressed or implied. In addition, no employee, agent, or other person is authorized to give any warranties on behalf of Sierra Copper. Sierra Copper assumes no liability in connection with any of its products except if in writing and signed by an officer of Sierra Copper which expressly and intentionally gives such warranties or assumes such liability. Manufacturer Approved Sealants for Drain Installation and Sealing of Edges During the installation of this product, the only sealant that is Manufacturer Approved is a 100% Neutral Cure Silicone. Failure to use 100% Neutral Cure Silicone products will VOID all manufacturer warranties. Specifically, the use of Plumbers Putty is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED and will VOID all manufacturer warranties.
1 / 1