Sierra Copper does not accept responsibility for any of the following:
• Issues that arise from using these installation recommendations
• Failure to observe and conform to all local building and plumbing codes
• Failure to observe Sierra Copper care and warranty information (ex. using plumber’s putty)
General Installation Notes (for ALL install types):
• Use the actual sink for any installation preparations. Our products are hand-crafted and dimensions may vary.
• Depending on the type of countertop, different cutting methods may need to be used and waterproofing may be required if under-mounting.
• Use 100% neutral cure silicone for a watertight seal against copper. Other sealants can void the warranty.
• DO NOT use Plumber’s Putty.
• DO NOT place products directly on floor
. After unpacking, place products on protective material such as foam molds from the packaging. This will keep the sink from scratching and ensure proper drainage.
• After installing sink, install the drain according to the drain’s installation instructions.
• Ensure installation of drain does not pop up the sink basin; this may cause the sink to not drain properly.
• When marking countertop, be sure to allow clearance for faucet and other accessories or fixtures.
Always use non-abrasive, non-acidic cleaners on Sierra Copper products. Review Care and Maintenance Instructions for more information. Care and Installation items may be purchased from your local dealer or www.coppersinkcare.com
For Universal Installation:
1. Place sink upside down on countertop and mark countertop by tracing edge of sink (nonpermanent).
2. Measure inside edge of lip and mark countertop accordingly, inside of the first line.
3. Determine installation type: Under-mount or Drop-In a. Under-mount: I. Cut countertop on inside line. II. Apply adhesive around hole in underside of countertop and position sink. III. Mounting clip fasteners may be purchased to secure sink under countertop. b. Drop-In: I. Cut countertop midway in-between the two lines. II. Temporarily place sink in hole to verify proper fit. III. Apply adhesive around hole in countertop and place sink in hole. IV. Apply 100% neutral cure silicone to seal edge and also to install drain.
4. Use additional silicone, if necessary, to ensure a watertight seal.
5. Use a level to make sure that sink is sitting level in all directions, front to back and side to side; while pressing down to seal.
6. Carefully remove any excess silicone, smooth with wet fingertip.
For Vessel Installation:
1. Cut 1-1/4” hole for drain pipe.
2. Cut 2-1/2” counter-sink hole for drain recessment.
3. Place sink on top of countertop and make sure that the drain opening sits down inside of countertop.
4. The nut of the drain pipe will secure the sink to the countertop. Provided washers may be required.
5. You may use a bead of clear or antique silicone to seal in-between the outside edge of vessel where it is mounted to the countertop.